Through collaboration with the minister and music director,
the Worship Committee helps support weekly worship services focused on
developing a stronger core of spirituality in the congregation. Our
- Meeting monthly with clergy to plan weekly and special worship services
- Recruiting and scheduling worship helpers who contribute to services by ushering,
greeting, scripture and announcement reading, serving Communion, welcoming the
congregation, candlelighting and helping in special worship services
- Coordinating and preparing with clergy, parents, and the Board for Baptism
- Decorating the sanctuary for special services: Thanksgiving, Advent, Easter, and Pentecost
- Preparing the sanctuary for weekly and special services
- Preparing the elements for Communion
- Purchasing flowers at Easter on behalf of the congregation for decoration and in memoriam
- Assisting the co-ordination of a brunch on Easter Sunday
- Obtaining supply ministers to serve Tansley
during the absence of our minister.
For more info, please contact the church office.